For the Love of Winning coop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://fortheloveofwinning.forumotion.com

What do you want out of the Regattas? Empty What do you want out of the Regattas?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:17 pm
So I've already asked and heard from a few people on what they want out of the Regattas, and it'd be great to hear from everyone on what they want to achieve so we can decide how best to reach those goals. Myself, Sharon, Ankita (Lansdown) and Frances Maria all want to be in the Golden League and Greenacres is happy to be in whatever league we're in. We seem to consistently be against competitive co ops and so to get to the Golden League it looks like we will need maximum effort from everyone i.e. maximum tasks at above 120 points per task. If the majority want to get into Golden League and there's anyone who doesn't think they can do max tasks, then maybe sit this one out and opt back in once we're in the Golden League.

Please share your thoughts.......
L.Kiwi Valley
L.Kiwi Valley

What do you want out of the Regattas? Empty Re: What do you want out of the Regattas?

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:45 am
Personally. I think you need to increase the points on these tasks. Instead of atleast 120, put it up to 130. Especially now that theres a Relay tasks where tasks go for even higher than 135 points. Im sure other leagues will be taking advantage of that. Lets do it for this coming regatta. Hopefully thatll take us to top 3 to advance to golden league. Once were in the golden league then we can start taking 120s again.

Wow. I sound really strict! 😅🤷‍�
FrancesMaria
FrancesMaria

What do you want out of the Regattas? Empty Re: What do you want out of the Regattas?

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am
I ageee with Kiwi...
Lansdown

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 am
Whatever decision you make I'm with you
Admin
Admin

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 pm
Yeah I agree L. Kiwi, but as we've seen there are so many rubbish tasks and anything above 125 is hard to come by. I've also noticed that even when I've said tasks above 120 points, people have still taken tasks with points below this. And then when we're falling behind and people seem to be struggling to complete tasks at all, I just want them to do anything to boost our position! Very Happy What I'm trying to keep on top of is to delete tasks below 125 points so then that's all that's available. Also, this regatta the relay tasks have started at 130...ouch. I've taken the hit to get the plane one started and I hope it will be worth it. We've also got Greenacres and Sharon not taking part this regatta and I don't know how pixie and Shells are going to do this week so it means we may struggle this week....but good luck everyone. If I can keep the tasks on the board at 130 and above I will!
Greenacres

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:07 pm
Finding high points tasks quickly is a challenge sometimes. Often, there are easily 2-4 tasks on the board that require a player to be level of 47+ and so aren't available to me. That combined with tasks already reserved and lower point tasks (anything up to around 125 points) mean it's easy to either waste hours waiting for a suitable task by dumping and waiting to see what pops up next, or to need to take something around 120 points. Tricky...
Admin
Admin

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:25 pm
I can totally understand that Greenacres, especially if you can't even do the tasks that are available! You always do really well so I'd say just keep doing what you're doing and the highest available tasks to you. When a lot of tasks are reserved it can be frustrating - I've been there. In a way, reserving tasks can be problematic because you're left waiting for something else to become available while those tasks are just sitting there for hours at a time. The reservation system is useful when you are prepping for a task, like making products in advance and so it helps to get tasks done quickly so it's a tough one. This is also why I've said that we shouldn't ask people to keep tasks for us if our reservation has expired because then that task sits there even longer without being done, unless we have prepped for it and will be able to start it soon after the reservation expires as someone may be waiting for something to become available and they can't even take it after 12 hours. I'm going on a bit, but it's something I have thought a lot about, I just haven't thought about a solution as yet. One thing you could do is that if everyone is on a task and most of the others are reserved and one of the reserved tasks is one you can do, ask the person who has it reserved if you can have it if they have not prepped for it. You can also dump tasks on the board if you can't do them. I wouldn't suggest dumping any tasks above 130 points, but if there's nothing available for you then go ahead and do it.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read that you have been dumping tasks!! Other than what I've said above, if you have any suggestions then please say as I don't want you to feel constantly frustrated during regattas so if there's anything you feel may help I'm all ears and I'm sure the others will be too.
Admin
Admin

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:39 pm
Greenacres, when you see the tasks available, perhaps you could put a message in the chat to the rest of us letting us know which tasks you can do or want to do and let us know not to dump them? Unfortunately I never know who can do what so I just dump anything below 125 points, but if you let us know which ones you can do and they're above 100 points then ask us not to dump them. Does that sound like something that would help?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum